- Twisted vaseSo I downloaded a vase from thingiverse and was hoping my wife and friends would be impressed. They said I should have modeled a vase myself!!! Inspired by the vases modeled by user Zampik (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:390713), I set out to make one of my own. I found the design incredibly easy with Fusion360. The print took around 20hrs and failed at least 5-6 times before I could figure out the optimal print settings! Wife loves it.
- Water Gun Mark 2Okay, Water Gun 1 was a flop. It looked nice but I wasn't paying attention to the min radius on the surfaces when I was sculpting and so when the time came to split the body and shell it to 1mm thickness it wouldn't work. Welcome to Water Gun Mark 2! For this project I took apart an existing water gun and will be using the internal parts in a 3d printed version of this exterior - at least that is the plan. Pictured here is a render of the prototype, a reference photo of the original gun that I used to model the internal hard points and the shelled external parts.
- Clock RadioI've been looking for a good alarm clock recently, and have been really disappointed with what's out there - which motivated me to design an alternative! Plus, I haven't done any injection-mold designs in a while, so that was super. Updated May 22 with render from Fusion's EPIC new rendering environment - it's the second picture.
- Recessed pattern testTrying out some of the features from the bike lug tutorial, I took a few liberties with it like making the face cuts in a T Spline cylinder and using the thicken tool for more uniform wall thickness and neater edges, and using the sweep tool to cut out the pattern instead of the raised pipes. I dont know anything about metal fabrication but would like to try out the new CAM capabilities on my next project and will have to find someone with a workshop :)
- Galleon 'Revenge' 1577A work in Progress: heavy use of the body splitting tool, face splitting tool and the push/pull tool. I started with cross sections of the hull and made a solid loft, but the body wasn't accurate. I selected one side and transformed it to T-Spline face, mirrored it, and thickened it. Then I could edit the T-Spline to get a better shape. June 22- update :) June 24 - update: added openings for passengers traveling with window seat tickets. June 28 - orthographic view. Using the pipe tool for relief. July 6 - a few more details added.
- Tritet - 2.0 Smart-Sound SystemHello all, I've started working on this tetrahedron speaker system project a while a go, and now that it's taking its shape, I thought I should create a WIP to show you the process. (P.S To all my followers: I think this will keep sending you emails every time I update this project. If it does - feel free to unfollow!) The idea is to have the set (2 speakers) to be independent of everything else; no need for an amplifier, no need for a remote. You can use your smartdevice to control it via bluetooth. The other goal was to pack as much sound quality as possible in an object that's as small as possible. Each speaker contains: 1 Tweeter, 2 High-freq speakers (front), 2 Mid-freq speakers (sides) and 1 Subwoofer (bottom). The master speaker will contain an amplifier with a heatsink - there will be a vent on the front side of the speaker (as in the picture). The shell will have to be 3D printed due to the complexity that was necessary to accommodate all of the components. The "legs" that hold the speaker would be made from plywood. That's about it for now! Any ideas/comments/critiques - go ahead! P.S. It's in its very early stage. I'd say 20% in. I am planning to create an ideal room and do a smart-device UI mockup as well. Cheers Update1 23/05: Added covers. The cover attaches with 3 friction pins. The shape is not yet final, I can see some lack of uniformity on the bottom right hand side, but that will be fixed once everything is in place. The colour will be closer to white as well. Update2 02/06: "Master" and "Slave" devices modelled and wiring mock-ups finished. The "Slave" device does not have an amplifier nor a processing unit. Just a bunch of audio filters to filter and channel different frequency ranges. Update3 09/06: Fusion 360 model finished. Next step - 2D mockups and 3D rendering! Update4 03/07: Graduation. Added few final renders.