- Skeleton Fountain PenMy version of a Montblanc Skeleton Fountain Pen (closely based on the 333 edition). The project took approximately three and a half weeks to complete, and it uses a variety of complex features such as Boundary cuts, Sculpting, and 3D sketching. Feel free to check the tutorial videos if you're curious about how I made some of the features. Enjoy! EDIT 6/20/15: Added a few pictures of the 3D model I made using the Meshmixer add-on. Printed with a MakerBot, although there were many breakages that probably could've been avoided with a more sophisticated printer. EDIT 6/29/15: Added second tutorial video that shows how I made the decorative tip of the fountain pen.
- Pressure Relief ValveThe relief valve (RV) is a type of valve used to control or limit the pressure in a system or vessel which can build up for a process upset, instrument or equipment failure, or fire. The pressure is relieved by allowing the pressurized fluid to flow from an auxiliary passage out of the system.The relief valve (RV) is a type of valve used to control or limit the pressure in a system or vessel which can build up for a process upset, instrument or equipment failure, or fire. The pressure is relieved by allowing the pressurized fluid to flow from an auxiliary passage out of the system.
- iStrat Internet Radio Guitar! -A cool classic stratocaster enclosure for the Raspberry Pi Internet Radio HackMy absolutely final entry into the Give Your Hardware A Home Challenge! I had my time zones crossed and managed to squeeze in one last design this evening I have called this the iStrat ("i" because apple and "Strat" because the Fender Stratocaster!) The basic design concept is to have something cool and ornamental, whilst having the modern functions of an internet radio. The controls are rearranged to fit as the pole pieces of the pick up. All other parts are just for fun. With in the design i also produced a stand for it to sit on, but of course you could just hang this on the wall! There will probably need to be a few tweaks to the design when it's printed or CNC'd but those changes should be minimal. As a huge music fan, i could think of nothing better than having one of the most iconic guitars in my living room, and as an added bonus, this design has be certified "Wife Friendly" (by my Mrs!) Here are a few more shots - sadly the Neck didn't render as well as i'd hoped, after an update Fusion was having trouble assigning materials to faces (not to worry though, still looks cool, and i know the guys at Autodesk will fixing that bug soon) feel free to visit and vote! http://www.hackster.io/daveclarke/istrat-internet-radio-guitar
- COMPOUND BOWHere is another model Fully Designed and Assembling using Fusion 360. Based on device acquisition, I got inspired for this big men toy. Here is the Hoyt Charger compound bow. Been intrigued for while about this designer approach, took me sometime as I been modelling it on my spare time. Here, some of the preliminary rendering for your review. If you like it great! Otherwise I wish you a happy green meal. :) All sort of comments are welcome.
- Steam Locomotive with TenderThis steam locomotive with tender was modeled using Fusion360. It is based off of the De Arend model which became one of the first steam locomotives used by the Netherlands in 1839. The central wheels are turned through a rod/piston, con rod, and crank shaft configuration which uses steam to power.
- Beam engineA beam engine is a type of engine where a pivoted overhead beam is used to apply the force from a vertical piston to a vertical connecting rod. Beam engines were first used to pump water out of mines or into canals, but could be used to pump water to supplement the flow for a waterwheel powering a mill.
- Webster 4 Stroke EngineThis is a single cylinder 4-stroke engine based off of the design from Webster Engine Works. There is the main cylinder housing the piston, and cams that control the exhaust valves. All components are designed using either steel, aluminum, or bronze for manufacturing purposes.